Maintenance Specialist (handyman)
Resolve facility repairs (including apartments) such as lighting systems and light timing systems, sinks, toilets, showers, door locks, hanging blinds, installed appliances, etc. and arrange for repairs/bids which require specialized skills. Maintain external sprinkler systems including winterizing, furnace and air conditioning systems including scheduling annual servicing, alarm systems for carbon monoxide and fire. Conduct thorough spring and fall clean up of facilities grounds, including pest control measures, pruning trees and shrubs, maintenance of rain gutters. Ongoing maintenance of lawn and planting areas (mowing, weeding, fertilizing) including keeping walks and outside areas free of debris/cobwebs/trash. Snow removal from all facilities walks to employee parking lots (each snowfall before 8:00 a.m. and during hours if needed.) Conduct facility inspections every six months, and coordinate fire extinguisher inspections. Moving office furniture. Vehicle maintenance as assigned. Painting, as needed.
Complete up-to-date quality service documentation including accurate time sheet records with appropriate service codes by 30 minutes past closing of the next business day. Obtain approval from immediate supervisor on any and all leave taken, if applicable. Attend supervision appointments and team and organization meetings as requested by supervisor. Maintain a reliable and supervisor approved schedule, reflecting the FTE availability.
OTHER SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EXPECTATIONS:
● Ability to identify and resolve facility needs.
● Capable of basic carpentry and finish work skills.
● Knowledge of confidentiality and ability to maintain strict compliance with confidentiality of client and Center sensitive information.
● Effective oral and written communication skills
● Teaming skills for effective interoffice relations and for working with others in client treatment.
● Timeliness with schedule including whereabouts, arrival to work, attendance at meetings, and client appointments.
● Positive attitude related to job expectations, supervision, Center policies and procedures, etc.
● Ability to behave ethically and to understand and maintain appropriate boundaries with clients and staff.
● Flexible hours to meet client and/or Center needs.
● Conduct expected tasks in a safe manner, uphold Center safety policies, and report perceived safety issues to appropriate sources.
Position Location: Brigham City, Utah
Position Salary: $15.90 – 17.89/hr depending on experience
Position Hours: 15 -18 hrs/week
Position Shifts: Variable
Job Requirements: Available during business hours; possibility of some time outside business hours or weekend hours for urgent situations.