MCOT Case Manager (Swing and Graveyard Shifts)
Swing shift (3:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.) and Graveyard shifts (11:00 p.m. – 7:00 a.m.) to work with a collaborative team and in coordination with Mobile Crisis Outreach Team (MCOT) Support Specialists in providing mobile CRISIS response to adults and youth in their home or in another community setting with the goal of reducing the risk of harm to self or others, minimizing the impact of the crisis on the individual, and connecting them to other helpful resources when applicable, including physical and/or mental health services. Assist with skill coaching, subsequent treatment planning and referral for ongoing services and supports, when applicable. Assist in coordinating crisis and response services with local police, substance abuse, hospital, and other applicable agencies assisting with the crisis or subsequent service.
Provide Case Management functions as they relate to the above services: Assess clients’ status/functioning as it relates to the above services. (History, input from family, medical providers, social workers, educators, etc.) Develop a Case Management Service Plan (CMNA) including objectives specific to each identified area of service need, with input from clients and others who participated in assessment. Link clients to needed community resources identified in the CMSP. Assist clients to obtain/maintain eligibility for entitlements other than Medicaid. Coordinate the ongoing delivery of services to clients with various agencies/providers clients have been linked with. Contact family members for feedback and alert them to changes in status/needs when appropriate releases are in place. Instruct clients/caretakers, in independently accessing needed community services. Monitor/follow-up to ensure timely access, quality and effectiveness of service, symptomatology, the need for face-to-face care, and appropriate CMSP implementation.
Complete up-to-date quality service documentation including accurate time sheet records with appropriate service codes and progress notes by 30 minutes past closing of the next business day in the Center’s automated clinical records system. Obtain approval from immediate supervisor on any and all leave taken. Attend supervision appointments and team and organization meetings as scheduled. Maintain an automated schedule, reflecting the FTE availability within Center hours, in order to be consistently available and visible to Center staff and clients. Prepare materials for groups. Attend trainings within, and outside of the Center for job development.
OTHER SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EXPECTATIONS:
- Knowledge of confidentiality & ability to maintain strict compliance with confidentiality of client and Center sensitive information.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of community resources available to the mentally disabled.
- Teaming skills for effective interoffice relations and collaboration with others in client treatment.
- Computer literacy and skills for operation of automated medical records, email, scheduling, etc.
- Timeliness with schedule including whereabouts, arrival to work, attendance at meetings, and client appointments.
- Positive attitude related to job expectations, supervision, Center policies and procedures, etc.
- Ability to behave ethically and to understand and maintain appropriate boundaries with clients and staff.
- Flexible hours to meet client and/or Center needs.
- Conduct expected tasks in a safe manner, uphold Center safety policies, report perceived safety issues to appropriate sources.
Requirements: Bachelors degree in psychology, social work, or related field and Utah SSW license preferred. Directly related experience preferred. Must pass Utah Background Criminal Investigation. Have a valid Utah driver’s license and driving record in good standing.
Services will be provided throughout the tri-county area. 40 hours/week.
Wage: $16.36/hr – $22.48/hr. Salary is based on education, licensure and experience.
Excellent and full benefits. Additional $1.43/hr may be added to pay rate for proficiency in speaking Spanish. EOE.