Residential Aide (part time) – Logan, UT
Shifts Available: GRAVE ONLY
Position Description To work in a group home for the chronically mentally ill.
Duties: Oversee and provide a positive environment for group home residents. Help clients retain/enhance appropriate living skills. Verify medication compliance for clients receiving prepackaged medications. Provide skill development for age appropriate interpersonal daily living skills. Supervise clients at the level required for successful placement. Monitor client compliance with personal hygiene-including clean-up when necessary. Assist clients with daily chores. Generate and maintain quality records as required. Attend supervision appointments and staff meetings as scheduled.
Other Skills, Abilities and Expectations:
• Computer literacy for operation of automated medical records system.
• Knowledge of confidentiality and ability to maintain strict compliance of all client information.
• Ability to serve individuals with mental illness.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to exercise individual judgment and to take appropriate action in emergencies.
• Timely and punctual.
• Positive attitude relative to job expectations, supervision, and center policies/procedures.
• Conduct tasks in a safe manner, uphold center safety policies and report safety issues to appropriate sources.
EDUCATIONAL AND/OR PROFESSIONAL REQUIREMENTS: High School diploma or equivalent. Experience serving individuals with severe mental illness preferred. Must pass a criminal background investigation. Ability to work a minimum of 16 hours per week. Flexibility to cover co-worker shifts when necessary.
Wage: $14.50/hour – $17.18/hour. Wage is dependent on experience. EOE.