For many who struggle daily with mental illness, finding a treatment that works for their specific needs is essential to their overall well-being. Depression, anxiety, stress and conflicts in important relationships can really take a toll, especially without someone to talk to. Bear River Mental Health offers several different psychotherapy options for our clients. Our evidence-based services can help patients decrease their symptoms, increase their ability to function and help them live their lives to the fullest, no matter their age or stage of life.
What Is Psychotherapy?
Psychotherapy is a general term that we use to describe the different modalities used to treat mental illnesses and psychological disorders. Our therapists are trained in a range of evidence-based strategies and techniques that can help our clients work through their concerns and gain an understanding for why they behave the way they do or why they feel the way they do.
While there are different types of psychotherapies that our therapists perform in our offices, almost all involve the use of open communication and dialogue between therapist and client as a way to improve daily functioning and create positive behaviors.
What Types of Psychotherapy Does BMH Offer?
The type of psychotherapy that works best for one person may not be ideal for another, which is why we offer multiple types for our clients. Some of the options that we provide include the following:
- Individual Therapy: The most common type of psychotherapy, individual therapy involves meeting regularly one-on-one with a psychotherapist to discuss current concerns and struggles.
- Group Therapy: This option provides support and acceptance from a small group of clients who are all working toward a similar goal. We have groups for clients of all ages, from children to adults. This gives our clients the ability to ask for and provide support for each other.
- Family Therapy: When one person is struggling in a family, it can affect all the other members as well. Family therapy helps to improve familial dynamics and relationships while also providing a safe place for members to learn and grow together.
- Couples Therapy: A strong relationship requires work, and for many couples, therapy serves as the backbone to their connection. A psychotherapist can help each person develop individually and together to build a better relationship.
Our care providers can help you determine which type of therapy will fit best with your specific needs and it may take some trial and error to find the ideal format.
Here at Bear River Mental Health, our therapists use a range of evidence-based techniques within the different types of psychotherapy options offered. Some of the most commonly utilized include the following:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Moral Reconation Therapy (MRT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
Our therapists can help each of our clients determine which method works best for their individual needs.
Get In Touch With Bear River Mental Health
Psychotherapy is a treatment option that can improve lives and reduce the symptoms of mental illness. If you’re feeling stuck, down and stressed, let us help. Contact Bear River Mental Health today to find out more about our services.