Integrated Care Specialist
Position available: Brigham City, Utah
Position Description: help clients gain access to needed medical, social, or educational services and teach them and their families how to access community services to better manage their mental disorders.
Duties: Assess clients’ status/functioning as it relates to the above services. (History, input from family, medical providers, social workers, educators, etc.) Complete Needs Assessments (NA) that identify areas of service need, with input from clients and others who participated in the Needs Assessments. Link clients to needed community resources identified in the Service Plan. Assist clients in integrating their behavioral, social, educational, dental, and physical health care needs by facilitating attendance at appointments, communicating with health care providers, assisting clients in understanding health care instructions and information; obtain/maintain eligibility for entitlements. Coordinate the ongoing delivery of services to clients with various agencies/providers clients have been linked with. Contact family members for feedback and alert them to changes in status/needs when appropriate releases are in place. Facilitate regular contact with behavioral, social, educational, dental, and physical health care providers, as needed, to help clients obtain any needed level of care. Instruct clients/caretakers, in independently accessing needed community services. Monitor/follow-up of behavioral, social, educational, dental, and physical health care needs with non-BRMH providers of shared clients that need further care or have on-going behavioral, social, educational, dental or physical health care needs and ensure sure timely access, quality and effectiveness of service, symptomatology, the need for face-to-face care, and appropriate Service Plan implementation. Also, provide Individual/group behavioral management, individual/group skills development, Peer Support Services as appropriate, as well as transportation to BRMH services, respite care as needed, and Personal Services. Other duties as assigned.
OTHER SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EXPECTATIONS:
• Knowledge of confidentiality and ability to maintain strict compliance with confidentiality of all client and Center sensitive information.
• Knowledge of community resources
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Knowledge of the principles and practices of office organization and efficiency.
• Teaming skills for effective and cooperative interoffice relations.
• Computer literacy and skills for operation of automated medical records, email, scheduling, etc.
• Timeliness with schedule including whereabouts, arrival to work, and attendance at meetings.
• Positive attitude related to job expectations, supervision, Center policies and procedures, etc.
• Ability to behave ethically and to understand and maintain appropriate boundaries with clients, staff, and the general public.
• Conduct expected tasks in a safe manner, uphold Center safety policies, and report perceived safety issues to appropriate sources.
• Flexible hours to meet client and Center needs.
Job Requirements: Ability to work well in a team setting. May require some weekend work. Bachelor’s degree in behavioral science, with ability to obtain SSW licensure preferred, but not required. Must have a current Utah driver’s license and good driving record, and be able to pass Criminal Background Investigation.
Position Location: Brigham City and Logan, Utah
Position Salary: $17.18 – $23.60/hr. based on education/licensure/experience
Position Hours: 40 hours within the normal workweek
Position Shifts: Monday – Friday during operating hours
Full and excellent benefits. We are an equal opportunity employer.
An additional $1.50/hr stipend may be offered for fluency/proficiency in speaking Spanish.
Apply at www.brmh.com. Attach a cover letter and the name of the position you are applying for.